Can I base agile swimlanes on more than 1 criteria

Deleted user September 4, 2013

Our agile projects had our swimlanes based on Asignee, but there were complains that we couldn't track how much work there was by epic. We switched to the Epic view, but now we can't quickly tell which Asignee a task is asigned to.

Is there any way to organize an agile board (work mode) by both these swim lanes?

1 answer

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

Hi Jade,

A swimlane kan be filtered in various ways, Assignee, Story or JQL query.

If you want to do a more fancy swimlane than just assignee I suggest you change what the swimlane is based on from Assignee to Queries. You find this in the Board Configuration under the tab Swimlanes.

Add your JQL query in the field and click add!

If you are not so familiar with JQL queries you can goto your Issue Navigator and create the filter in basic mode (with the dropdown menus) and then when you are satisfied with the filter just click the Advance link and you will get the JQL for your swimlane.

Note that you will have to create one swimlane per assignee since the filter differs for all assignees. (this is a sliht drawback if your team is large, I know)

What do you think? Would this solve your issue?

Kind regards,

// Svante

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

I forgot to add this great page about Advanced Searching in JIRA! It really tells you everything about searching with JQL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events