Can I automatically set an advanced status if a task is created from capture?

Amber L Garcia January 27, 2015

The use case is that when one of my management team creates a ticket from JIRA Capture, it needs to be automatically approved to work on using the "Approved" step in our enhanced workflow. Is this possible? I can't seem to add the Status field into Capture as a work around either sad.

We're using the cloud/hosted service.

1 answer

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hi Amber,

JIRA Capture must show this field in a toolbar if it's present on the Create Issue screen in JIRA. Once it's available in JIRA Capture, you should be able to define a template that sets a value for the field. So all the issues you report using the template will have your advanced status defined.

Hope this helps.

--

Cheers,

Ignat.

Amber L Garcia April 13, 2015

Hi Ignat - Sorry for the delayed response - I understand that the field needs to be shown, but I can't find a way to show the Status field within the Jira Capture screen. Any insight?

Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

Hi Amber, I think this tutorial can help you adding the status field on the Create Issue Screen, so it will be shown in the JIRA Capture https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen#DefiningaScreen-Configuringascreen'stabsandfields. I hope this helps. Please reply if you need any further assistance or contact our support team via support.atlassian.com. -- Cheers, Ignat.

Suggest an answer