Can I automatically link Confluence page to a JIRA issue using the URL field?

Mark April 28, 2021

I have a 'Confluence brief' field on certain customer request types on my Service Desk. I would like this to automatically populate the 'Issue Links' section of the ticket when it is created. Is this possible?

I want the link in this section so that it creates the link on the Confluence page.

Many thanks,

Mark

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

I think you would probably need something like ScriptRunner to be able to do this. You could set up and event that would create the link when your issue is updated and that custom field is populated.

Mark May 4, 2021

Thanks Davin. 

It's strange that it would need a script when it automatically if you use the link option on the JIRA issue itself? I'll have a word with our JIRA admins and see if there's anything they can do.

Thanks again

exampleLinkedIssue.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

You can certainly create the link manually, but "Confluence brief" is a custom field. There is no Jira logic built in to custom fields. If you need logic to be performed based on a custom field then you need to look to an automation plugin for that like ScriptRunner.

Like Mark likes this

Suggest an answer