Can I automatically get new support issues on the sprint board?

Otto Paulsen November 14, 2013

We are using scrum board in Jira Agile, and we have a rule that support requests always have top priority, so I want new support requests to automatically show up in the planning board, where we have a separate swim lane for support.

Is it possible to automatically set Sprint = current sprint when an issue of issuetype Support is created? That would solve it.

Alternatively, is it possible to view issues that are not in the sprint on the scrum board (by a query picking open support issues)? That would solve it.

Any other ideas?

I have been looking at the existing similar issues, but the only one giving a solution is to code my own post-function, but that is not what I want.

2 answers

0 votes
Flemming Steffensen January 27, 2016

Did you ever find a way to make this work? (I have a similar situation!)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2013

The first one looks okay. Add a post function in the Create transition of the support request issue type to set the sprint. The post function and look up which one is the latest sprint.

Otto Paulsen November 24, 2013

I can use the Update Issue Custom Field post function to set the sprint, but how can I look up the latest sprint?

Suggest an answer