Can I automatically close all the subtasks when his parent task is closed ?

Manuel Campomanes April 10, 2012

Is there a way to close all subtasks when his parent task is closed ?

Native solution, Plugin or Groovy script ?

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

Yes you can have a look at this

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

I can't find this option in the plugin post functions-

Auto close all sub-tasks

I am using jira 5.2.11 and ScriptRunner - 2.1.11

Like YoSebi likes this
3 votes
Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

I've never tried this groovy script but it should do what you need....

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Autocloseallsubtasks

Too late, Mizan was faster ;)

Thank you for both of you !

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

YEAH :D , hey but you can vote up .

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

I can't find this option in the plugin post functions-

Auto close all sub-tasks

I am using jira 5.2.11 and ScriptRunner - 2.1.11

1 vote
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2016

There's now a very easy to configure way to transition parents and sub-tasks in sync using Automation for JIRA!

You can easily modify related issues (such as parents, stories, sub-tasks, epics, linked issues and even JQL) using our related issues action and condition:

(this example transitions sub-tasks to "In Progress", but you could easily change this to "Closed")

For more details see https://blog.codebarrel.io/synchronize-parent-and-sub-task-issues-with-automation-for-jira-bdcca6c9d453

Christian Zelada July 11, 2019

That's it.

Another example:

CloseAllSubtasks.jpg

0 votes

Do you think I can do the same for linked issue ?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

This should be another question .

BTW i feel it should be vice versa in case of issues i.e. Automatically close an issue when all linked issues are resolved

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

It would be a fairly simple modification of the script. All the code for that exists in other scripts, so it's a case of combining, and testing. If you don't have much programming experience it's a steep learning cliff. It may be available in other plugins... not sure.

I'm estimating requirements about future developement so I needed to know if I can do it easily, thanks to your feedbacks I think yes.

Suggest an answer