Can I assign all old issues to security level while assigning project to the issue security scheme?

Wawrzyniec Koszak February 20, 2017

Hi,

I want to share board with our client, but I don't want him to see any other issues except of these, which he reported himself. To do that I want to use Issue Security Scheme. But there is one problem - I have 700 issues that already exist and adding security level to each of them would be a real nightmare! Is there any possibility to assign all of the issues to the specific security level at one time?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

You could try to use bulk update to set sequrity level for all old issues.

Wawrzyniec Koszak February 20, 2017

Could you tell me how can I perform bulk update in JIRA Software Cloud? I cannot find this option.

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2017

Search for the issues, then look at the tools option at the top right of the result.

Note that you need to have "bulk edit" permission as well as the right to set security on the issues you select.  As an admin, check what group(s) have that in Admin -> Global permission.

Wawrzyniec Koszak February 21, 2017

Ok, I found that, thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer