Can I archive versions that still have open JIRAs in them?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

I've started to use the "archive" feature and noticed that I can archive versions that still have open JIRAs in them.

There is an open defect that is in the reported state.

Should I be able to use the archive feature on this version or is there a bug in the archive method?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

If there is an open defect, it is most possibly a bug. The ideal way is to "release" a version and then "archive" it. When you "release" a version, all open issues have to be resolved or moved to another version.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012

I checked the documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Managing+Versions but it is no where mentioned regarding the open issues. Appreciate if you can share any links on this for more information.

Suggest an answer