Can I allow voting for users without Jira acces?

Marijn Otte July 20, 2015

We have have an open source project. Issues can be viewed and created anonymously public. We want people to be able to vote on issues. It is OK if they have to create a user account to vote, as long as it doesn't consume a license on our JIRA Cloud instance.

According to this answer:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/40903

It works like: "Voting and watching via the web interface does require a JIRA login, it does require a created user account (but that account does not require interactive privilege, ie a JIRA seat)."

But when I create an account without JIRA access it can login to the Ondemand instance, but it can't vote.

Is there any possibility to allow a user to vote without giving him a JIRA license?

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2015

Hi Marijn,

As per the answer provided by Nic Brough on this answer, anonymous votes aren't possible.

Thanks and regards, 
Paula Silveira

Marijn Otte July 21, 2015

Hi Paula, in our case we don't want anonymous votes. We want users to sign up. The problem is that we can't pay a Jira license for everyone, so I'm looking for a configuration to let the user vote without giving him a Jira license.

Suggest an answer