Can I adjust the CSAT Survey content to remove the ... survey?

Zans McLachlan September 19, 2017

A stakeholder wants to remove the survey part of the Customer Satisfaction Survey requester notification and replace the content with a link to their own SurveyMonkey. Is it possible to remove this (the internal survey / "stars") and just pass the link in context? Or do I need to disable this and create a custom notification that fires on issue transition to Close?

(JSD 3.2.6, for reference.)

Thanks in advance!

Zans

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

Hi Zans,

If you can get upgraded to JSD 3.3.0, custom email templates are available. That would greatly cut down on the work needed! If you have to do it in 3.2.6, as far as I know that involves modifying the Soy templates in JIRA's install directory.

Plus, there are other great features in 3.3 like organizations and portal announcements. My advice is to use this as leverage for upgrading. :)

Cheers,
Daniel

Zans McLachlan February 20, 2018

@Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_,

Thanks again for the guidance. We've since upgraded to 3.7.1 and are liking the new features, but I am still unable to find the spot where I can remove the star rating. 

Is the correct protocol to:

1. Turn off Collect customer satisfaction feedback toggle on PROJECTKEY/feedback-settings
  2. Populate the Request resolved notification on PROJECTKEY/customer-notifications to include the appropriate text/cust sat survey link

?

Thinking this will mean that the end user will just see the Resolution notification without the JIRA-native cust sat stars... 

Thanks,

Zans

0 votes
Zans McLachlan September 20, 2017

Daniel,

Thanks much! I have this upgrade in the roadmap but this feature does add additional leverage/urgency. Fantastic. :)

Best,

Zans

Suggest an answer