Can I add watchers based on a custom field?

I have a custom field that lists different teams that would be affected by a new ticket. I'd like to set up the notifications so that when a specific team is chosen from the list, a certain set of watchers are automatically added to the ticket. Is this possible?

2 answers

Oops sorry didn't notice the OnDemand

How would you do this on Download jira?

0 vote

I'm not sure if you can use the Script Runner in OnDemand, but you should be able to add any user/group picker to the notification scheme - this way any user in the custom field will be notified for the events you configure.

Thank you both!

Matheus, I think that I follow you but let me know if I've misunderstood. If I do it that way with having a custom group picker field and then defining my watchers as specific groups, I believe that I lose the ability to limit what appears on the list. Won't the custom field dropdown display all of the existing groups?

I like to make this field available when creating all new tickets in a project so I'd prefer to keep it fairly restricted with what appears in the dropdown.

Won't the custom field dropdown display all of the existing groups?

I'm afraid that all groups will indeed be displayed in the Group Picker.

I've also tested using a post-function to copy the value of a custom field to Watchers, but with no luck. :/

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

153 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you