Can I add customer to a project so they can see the progression of the project?

Mike Altena September 15, 2017

We are using JIRA for a while now. As we grow bigger out customers are requesting that they are enabled to track the progression of their project. We are wondering if it is possible to add a customer to a project so they can, if they please, look at how things are going. I was looking on this forum and saw posts about the customer service desk, but that seems like a different thing.

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

Hey Mike,

Depending on how your projects are set up, you could definitely share information with specific clients.  The easiest way to do that would be to have a separate JIRA project for each customer and then provide access to a customer group to that specific project (using People and Permissions).

If everything is in the same project you may be able to create a separate board for each customer and share that with the specific customert.

Have you considered creating a Confluence page to provide updates to customers?  You could insert some JIRA filters and Macro views to provide updates that way.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Mike Altena September 25, 2017

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your comment. I've been messing around with JIRA and I am still not able to do it. I have made security schemes, with access to the project. But when the assigned sings in, it is still able to access all the other projects and adjust all projects. And I’ve made two schemes, one for employs and one for customers.  I’ve made a customer group, but that still makes it possible for the customer group to access other projects. I’m lost. Do you maybe know how I need to go further?

Regards,

Mike

Suggest an answer