Can I add an existing board to a new project

Bekah Noulles November 23, 2016

I have a board that has been in use for a while.  I just made a project that ties in with the already existing board.  Can I add the board to the project?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

Boards don't belong to projects, and projects don't belong to boards.  A board is a view of a set of issues which may select issues from your project.  If it does, then JIRA will show you that there is a relationship there, but it's via the issues.

So, yes, you can get your board to pick up issues from your project.  Go to the board configuration and look at the board filter.  You should be able to change that so that it includes your project.  A lot of boards will do simple things like "project = xyz", so you can change that to "project in (xyz, abc, zyx)" to pull in another project.

Bekah Noulles November 23, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the quick response.  I moved all the issues in the pre-existing board to my newly created project, so there is that association.  However when I am within the project and look at the available boards in the project my pre-existing board is not in the list?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

Does the pre-existing board's filter include the new project yet?

Suggest an answer