Can I add a workflow post function to reopen a closed ticket?

Pei May 28, 2013

Is there a way to add a post function in a workflow for closed tickets to be reopened when a Sub-Task has been created for a parent ticket?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hey pqw5000,

On the Create step of your sub-task workflow, add a post function for "Transition parent issue" (this is available via the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin). :)

Pei May 29, 2013

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your recommendation. I already have that plugin installed. I tried adding the post function to the sub-task workflow, it didn't work. For the sub-task workflow's post function, what Transition Name or ID should I assign to the transition?

Thanks!

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hi,

Take a look at the workflow for the parent issue - find the id # associated with the transition that takes the issue from Closed to whatever the next status is you want (whether you use Open, or Reopened, or something else). That's the id you use in the sub-tasks' post function. :)

Pei June 2, 2013
Awesome it works! Thank you much for you help!
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

You're welcome! Glad I could help, and thanks for accepting my answer! :)

Suggest an answer