Can I add a web link to appear (by default) on the "view issue" page of each issue in a project?

There is an external web link that I would like to have displayed on every JIRA issue created within a project. Is there a way to add the web link to the screen so that it displays by default? We're running JIRA 5.1

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

It is fairly easy with the help of a web-item plugin. All you need is the web-item module in the plugin and no need of any java coding.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Item+Plugin+Module

Thank you. We are considering this web-item module as a long-term solution. For now, we have implemented a workaround that will suffice. Many thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for the response. We achieved our desired results using the custom field feature. Many thanks again. This ticket may be closed.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

696 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you