Can I add a second issue Screen tab, but show only one tab at View Issue page?

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013

Using JIRA 6.1.

There's a default screen tab named "Field Tab". When it is only the single tab in a screen, the tab isn't visible at the View Issue page.

When I add the second tab, the View Issue page shows 2 tabs: Field Tab and the second one.

The question is: can I add a second tab and see only the second tab at View Issue page? All fields from the first tab should be shown as earlier.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013
Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2013

@Bharadwaj Jannu, I dont' want to hide the tab with all content as Prasad wrote.

I want to show fields from the first tab without a tab, and fields from second tab - on a tab.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2013

If you don't have a first tab, then you can't have a second one. I know what you're getting at, but however you try to do it, you need some way to hang "tab 2", "tab 3", "tab n" on the screen so the user can get to them. By far the best way to do this is to have tab 1 visible to the human

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

@Nic Brough, but how to manage tab visibility?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2013

You don't need to manage visibility. A tab will appear if there is data to be shown on it.

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

Thank you, @Nic Brough

Suggest an answer