Can I Upgrade directly from JIRA 7.13 TO JIRA 8.13 or should I Upgrade first to Jira 8.5?

akshika sharma October 28, 2020

Looking for suggestions on planning the upgrade from JIRA 7.13-JIRA 8.13

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

Just look at the documentation. It will tell you the what you can upgrade from. If it's higher than 7.13 look at that to see if it can be upgraded from 7.13.  Make sure you have the plugins for every step you need to take. 

akshika sharma October 28, 2020

can you please elaborate a bit 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

You simply need to read the install documents and have a list of the plugins, if any, you've installed. All I would do is tell you the same things the documents say. It tells you what releases you can upgrade from. It is a pretty simple procedure. If you aren't used to doing system admin work find someone who is and have them help you. Just make sure you take a Jira backup and save a copy of the configuration file for reference. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

In any case a common recommendation is to test on a non-production environment first.
The upgrade scenarios and detailed steps are documented here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html

This documentation should get you started to plan and execute the upgrade.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events