Can I Report ot Return a list of issues based on the status of issues in another project?

Daniel Bower August 27, 2014

Scenario: I have two projects, CAT and DOG. There's a field used for CAT issues that is the Issue ID of 1 and only 1 DOG issue. If I view the issue CAT-1, the field Issue ID might be DOG-1.

I'd like to be able to see a list of all CAT issues, where the Issue ID in project DOG is closed.

I was thinking I could try to use a nested query, but it seems that's not supported. Any other ideas? can this be done out of the box? We host the JIRA server locally, and I have full admin access to it. Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Bower August 28, 2014

The issues are not linked. I'd like to return a list of all issues via a search or a report from project A, where the issue listed in the "Issue ID" field is closed. The issue in the Issue ID field is an issue from another project. JIRA recognizes the value in the Issue ID field as a JIRA issue and displays it as a hyperlink to the Issue in the View screen.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014
Do you use a link type? And could you explain again the second sentence? I could not really understand the meaning?

Suggest an answer