Can I JQL for issues that had specific fields updated?

Ina Ivaylova August 11, 2017

I need to specify that I am looking for issues that were updated after a certain point in the past; and I can do that using "updated" that will show me all issues that changed since that time. 

But I want to see only the issues that had their worklog/time updated.
Aka - I want to see issues that had the worklog/time field changed.

Objective:

See all issues that people actually worked on since a certain point in the past.

Cheers.
PS, related question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/What-does-quot-updated-quot-JQL-actually-cover/qaq-p/622585#M206129

1 answer

1 vote
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

As the other thread discusses, Updated considers many changes and can't be filtered down to specific fields.

But using >= on worklogdate should work.

worklogDate  >= startOfDay()

or specific dates

worklogDate >= "YYYY/MM/DD"

in what seems like a bug, it is not smart enough to look inside a day (i.e. 2 hours ago), so you always need to use >= to include midnight.

I added work to one ticket .

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 10.38.19 AM.png

And you see that shows up.Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 10.45.14 AM.png

I commented on another ticket, and only using "updated" will show both.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 10.44.59 AM.png

Hi, @EddieW
Yes - but this will give all issues that had any field updated since start of the day. In other words, even if the work logged didn't change but you added a comment, for example, or changed the status, the issue will appear in the updated > startOfDay() search.

I am trying to narrow it down from merely searching for updated issues.
Trying to say: Give me all the updated issues since YYYY/MM/DD that had their work logged updated. 

Hope that makes it clear, thanks for the answer.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Yes sorry, edited my answer, you should be abnle ot use worklogdate in most recent versions of JIRA, but it does seem to be buggy in that  > startofDay() doesnt work, but >=  (greater or equal) will.

Hi, @EddieW
Thanks a lot for that!
One thing that could be problematic is logging time in the past.

Using:

worklogDate >= "YYYY/MM/DD"

I will get all issues that have work logged under date which is after YYYY/MM/DD.
But if I go and log time for before this date and run the JQL, the issue won't show in results.

I am updating the issue, so it will show if I run the

updated >= "YYYY/MM/DD"

But if I run the upper JQL, it will show me all issues that had comments, status and etc updated; and we want to exclude those.

Hope that makes sense. 

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2017

Yes, makes sense. Unfortunately it is not supported currently. You could submit a feature request, making sure one does not exist already 

Alternately you can accomplish this with a custom plugin, but would need a developer.

Suggest an answer