Can Commercial System Plugin can still be removed from JIRA?

Michael Maquinto June 6, 2012

I'm trying to install a trial version of nFeed plugin to do some testing. However I found this note of JIRA regarding System Plugin

System Plugins

These plugins are integral parts of your JIRA system. They cannot be uninstalled. Disabling or removing them will have serious effects, and may render JIRA inoperable. Do not make changes here unless instructed by Atlassian Support.

So considering this note. If I found nFeed not adequate, I can't disable/remove it since it's a system plugin?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012

It is not a system plugin. It is a user installed plugin and you can uninstall it anytime if you want. Same case with any third party plugins.

Thanks of the quick reply

Just want to be sure because I found in the installation note of nFeed that it will be under the System Plugins Section

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/SQLFEED/nFeed+-+Installation+Note

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2012

Oh, yuck, that's bad - it should not class itself as a "system" plugin. Naughty developer.

Anyway, yes, Jobin's answer is still correct - removing it should not be a problem.

Ok tyvm guys!!!

Suggest an answer