Can Behaviour override Field Configuration scheme setting?

Joel Batac August 5, 2022

I have a custom field and system fields set as Required in Field Configuration but I want them hidden on a screen (I applied the behavior on this transition) if my Resolution is set to Duplicate 

Can setting fields hidden/optional in Behaviour override Field Configuration scheme setting?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Hello @Joel Batac,

It's not recommended to mark the fields required in field configuration and try to hide them using behavior. This will result in an error since the field will still be required but there won't be an option for the user to enter the field value.

The best bet here would be not to mark them as mandatory using field configuration. Make them mandatory wherever needed using workflow validators and hide them as needed in the transition screen based on the resolution value.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

Hi @Joel Batac

In your description, you mentioned:-

I have a custom field and system fields set as Required in Field Configuration but I want them hidden on a screen (I applied the behavior on this transition) if my Resolution is set to Duplicate 

This doesn't make sense because when you have a field that is set to required, the value must be set for it.

If it is hidden simultaneously, there will be no way to add value to the issue, resulting in a Behaviour validation error and failing to create or edit or even transition the issue.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer