Can Atlasssian cloud duplicate my JIRA cloud server?

Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

I need to know if I can request a copy of my current JIRA cloud server put in another new cloud server.

I know the process, the only complication is the user license, currently at 200 users, but only need 10 users on the new server, how would accomplish that if I only have a 10 user license trying to import a backup with 200 users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

You can get a new Cloud server, export the backup from the old one, and then upload it in the new one.  I don't think Atlassian will do that for you, but the process is quite simple.

Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Yep I know the process, the only complication is the user license, currently at 200 users, but only need 10 users on the new server, how would accomplish that if I only have a 10 user license trying to import a backup with 200 users.

Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2015

And I can't disable the users because is a prod instance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

Hmm. I think the import will work, but you won't be able to actively use the new one until you get the number of users down below 10 - an admin should still be able to get in and maintain the users, it's just that the apps won't allow write/update/new-project etc.

Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2015

Thats what I thought, I just wasn't sure if it would even allow me to do the import. I'm not too familiar with cloud as I am with standalone.

0 votes
Darryl Lee - CCC January 30, 2020

Does anyone know if importing from a backup will preserve Customfield IDs?

Darryl Lee - CCC February 2, 2020

I asked support, and also tested this myself. Can confirm what they told me, which is that yes, Custom Field IDs *are* preserved.

By the way, since this question was last active, Atlassian has published some official guidelines on the subject of setting up Staging and Testing Environments for Cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/other-atlassian-evaluator-resources/atlassian-cloud-staging-and-testing-environment

Suggest an answer