• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Atlasssian cloud duplicate my JIRA cloud server?

I need to know if I can request a copy of my current JIRA cloud server put in another new cloud server.

I know the process, the only complication is the user license, currently at 200 users, but only need 10 users on the new server, how would accomplish that if I only have a 10 user license trying to import a backup with 200 users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You can get a new Cloud server, export the backup from the old one, and then upload it in the new one.  I don't think Atlassian will do that for you, but the process is quite simple.

Yep I know the process, the only complication is the user license, currently at 200 users, but only need 10 users on the new server, how would accomplish that if I only have a 10 user license trying to import a backup with 200 users.

And I can't disable the users because is a prod instance.

Hmm. I think the import will work, but you won't be able to actively use the new one until you get the number of users down below 10 - an admin should still be able to get in and maintain the users, it's just that the apps won't allow write/update/new-project etc.

Thats what I thought, I just wasn't sure if it would even allow me to do the import. I'm not too familiar with cloud as I am with standalone.

Does anyone know if importing from a backup will preserve Customfield IDs?

I asked support, and also tested this myself. Can confirm what they told me, which is that yes, Custom Field IDs *are* preserved.

By the way, since this question was last active, Atlassian has published some official guidelines on the subject of setting up Staging and Testing Environments for Cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/other-atlassian-evaluator-resources/atlassian-cloud-staging-and-testing-environment

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you