Can Atlasssian cloud duplicate my JIRA cloud server?

I need to know if I can request a copy of my current JIRA cloud server put in another new cloud server.

I know the process, the only complication is the user license, currently at 200 users, but only need 10 users on the new server, how would accomplish that if I only have a 10 user license trying to import a backup with 200 users.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

You can get a new Cloud server, export the backup from the old one, and then upload it in the new one.  I don't think Atlassian will do that for you, but the process is quite simple.

Yep I know the process, the only complication is the user license, currently at 200 users, but only need 10 users on the new server, how would accomplish that if I only have a 10 user license trying to import a backup with 200 users.

And I can't disable the users because is a prod instance.

Hmm. I think the import will work, but you won't be able to actively use the new one until you get the number of users down below 10 - an admin should still be able to get in and maintain the users, it's just that the apps won't allow write/update/new-project etc.

Thats what I thought, I just wasn't sure if it would even allow me to do the import. I'm not too familiar with cloud as I am with standalone.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,723 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you