Can AUI Lozenges be used with custom fields in Jira?

Al September 7, 2017
I would like to show the output of a custom field as a coloured Lozenge in a jira issue

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hey Al,

If it is a Select List custom field, try setting the options as shown in the image attached.

lozenge-field.png

Cheers

Bhushan 

Al September 7, 2017

Thanks, Bhushan

I will try this for manual selectors.

I have already tried using that as output from a SIL custom field, set programmatically, but it simply shows the plain text <span> .....</span> in JIRA. It does however show correctly with the lozenge in Confluence jira issue macro. I have this as another question

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/How-do-I-get-wiki-rendered-custom-jira-field-to-show-correctly/qaq-p/631449#M208342

I didn't get a final answer how to resolve this.

Thanks

Al

Al September 10, 2017

So I've not been able to find a solution to outputting a scripted field in JIRA using AUI lozenge. (As I mentioned in the linked thread above, it does work correctly when presented in Confluence using jira issues macro. Note also, that custom read only text field also appears to not work as wanted).

The workaround I've so far had to implement is by using 2 custom fields:

1. custom SIL field which determines outcome and output can also be set as AIU lozenge for use in Confluence if required.
  2. a Select List (single) which is programmatically set with the other SIL field, for use in JIRA (or confluence).

It's a bit of a pain, and not very efficient, but at least cosmetically gives me what i need. 

Suggest an answer