Call Center / Telephony / VOIP Support for JIRA

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

Hi,

in a discussion with a customer regarding help/service desk provisioning I was asked if JIRA has any call center or telephony support. Searching the known places (Google, here) on that returned almost nothing and I am wondering if it would be worth to put some efforts on a plugin that would provide such features.

What comes basically in my mind would be the following:

- Fetch incoming calls, record them and attach sound files to JIRA issues

- Fetch incoming calls, apply speech to text and attach the text to JIRA issues

- Detect issue keys in recordings and add comments/attachments to existing JIRA issues

- Transition existing JIRA issues on incoming calls

- Attach caller information to issue with a call back function (click on the attached phone number)

- Maintain a phone book for registered users

- Text to speech: Get the details from a JIRA issue whith a phone call

What do you think? Any further ideas or suggestions?

Would you like to find something like this in the market place?

Cheers,

Christian

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

Hi,

the mentioned plugin really seem to be orphaned. Twillio actually looks nice but the user of the plugin would be tied to this product.

While looking for a more independent solution I played around with PJSIP/PJSUA which provides a rather powerful and flexible API for implementing VOIP based applications and it looks quite promising.

I will go on with this and try if I can manage to get it working as a kind of JIRA plugin and will let you know how I proceed.

Cheers,

Christian

1 vote
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2014

Hi Christian,

I believe almost all of the features you described could be accomplished using Twilio's APIs and the JIRA REST API. There is an existing Twilio-JIRA connector in the Atlassian Marketplace, but it does not appear to be actively maintained.

If you're looking for someone pre-built, I think you might be out of luck. But if you're willing to build it yourself, I think it's absolutely feasible and you've got a great set of features outlined already. I expect you will want to build an add-on with Atlassian Connect. That will be the easiest way to deliver features like a "call back" button in JIRA. There's plenty of information for you to get started here.

Cheers,

Dave

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2014

Hi Dave,

thank you for your hint. I will have a look at the mentioned connector. Sounds interesting :-)

Cheers,

Christian

0 votes
Rodrigo Borgia December 12, 2023

Hi @Christian Schlaefcke & @Pedro Medeiros ,

I work in the gamification area, essential for agent's motivation and productivity enhancement.

If you see value in opening a conversation, let's talk.

Have a great day ahead,

Rodrigo

Pedro Medeiros
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2023

Amazing, @Rodrigo Borgia !

Send me your presentation to my email, please: pedro.medeiros@plurisistemas.com

0 votes
Pedro Medeiros
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2023

Hello! I know an excellent call center system with an automatic dialer and several other management features. I don't know if it would help, but here's my suggestion.

Pluri Sistemas

Sistema para Call Center

Suggest an answer