Calendar icon not working

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Hello

I added a Date picker custom field to my issue screen. It shows text box and calendar picker next to it, when I click on calendar picker it does not show the calendar.

Any idea why this could happen.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

It is happening always for a particular user (admin)

I just created a date picker custom field and put in a screen (my screen has many tabs)

0 votes
Tim B November 15, 2012

I just made a page with a calendar on it. Did you enable it with some javascript? Or did you just put the elements on the page?

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

Hi Abraham Abe,

Are you getting any javascript errors? Which browser are you using? Did you install any Jira Suite Utilities plugin and configure date picker as mandatory field? Have you changed the date/time format in your Looks and Feel page?

In this case, please check the following information.

1. Please try remove the web browser cache and reindex your jira.
  2. Ensure plugin is installed with JIRA compatible version. Uninstall the current one from JIRA Administration >> Plugins.
  3. Test on other browser.
  4. Please see Date/Time default format.

Hope its helps.

John

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

I have installed JIRA Suite Utilities.

I think my problem is simpler than that, it has got to do with permissions. I can see the calandar when I click Icon, when I login as one user and not when other.

Can you please tell me which permission can have this effect (Edit issue?). Just want to understand what is going on..

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

Hi,

As far as I know nothing to do with edit issue permission, Because when edit issue permission is not there, you will not be able to view the edit screen itself.Is it happening always for that particular user ? or is it temporary ? If it is temporary then it may be a server glitch.

Suggest an answer