Calendar feed for next-gen Jira?

Jonas Tidström February 1, 2019

Is there a calendar feed for next-gen Jira? If so, where do I find it and how do I go about?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Jeno Sario October 16, 2019

Hi Zvika,

I think that would be useful for sure

Best,

Jeno 

0 votes
Zvika Melamed July 7, 2019

Hi @Jonas Tidström

Do you need calendars in Jira also for for controlling resources work load vs. availability - in a Sprint?

Regards, Zvika

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, there is no calendar available on next-gen projects.
Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, can you please give us more details about why do you need the calendar? Then we can open a feature request suggesting the implementation of a calendar on next-gen projects.

Regards,
Angélica

Jonas Tidström February 5, 2019

Why do I need a calendar?

Well, I think you know the answer to that question: To align and plan multiple levels of work and private life, to see deadlines. To get an understanding for when I have to/can do that work. To be proactive rather than reactive. To have control and to be productive.

This is what you should do: create a project calendar feed url containing start and/or due date issues.

I think that there is no need for a fancy full synchronisation feature where you can edit dates from the calendar application. In other words: all changes happens in JIRA. But relevant dates can be seen in the calendar.

I have used many different project management systems as well as simpler todo managers. All applications I have tried offers calendar feed. As I see it, the reason behind this is that the calendar is probably the most basic and important productivity tools of all tools available (digital or not).

Please consider this essential feature — I don't see that it can be that much work to make it happen. 

Thanks for great work and an exiting glimpse of next-gen capacities... 

Like # people like this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for the details.
I've created a feature request based on your feedback:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17579
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature and also feel free to add comments on the feature.
The feature was created as a subtask of JSWCLOUD-17392 where you can find more suggestions for next-gen projects.

Regards,
Angélica

Tim McGrath April 9, 2019

I voted for this feature. I'd like to have a Pagerduty calendar in Confluence in a Next Gen project. Like what is described here:

https://support.pagerduty.com/docs/schedules-in-apps

Tim McGrath May 22, 2019

I would also like to have a simple team calendar to show time off for team members.

Suggest an answer