Calculated select list based on custom field value (Organizations)

Kitty de Ruijter January 12, 2017

Hi,

In our JIRA Service Desk 3.3.0 we would like the customer (member of an Organisation) to choose in a custom field select list to which product their issue applies. However, a customer should not be able to see all the select list values, only the ones which apply to their Organisation. This way a customer only sees which products apply to them, and not which products are offered to other Organisations we service. 

So, I want to make a calculated select list to show only values based on the customers' Organisation. Is this possible in any way? Maybe with an add-on?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2017

You can do it with some add-on like ScriptRunner or nFeed

Kitty de Ruijter January 13, 2017

Unfortunately, ScriptRunner is not able to configure Select List fields so that is not an option. 

I'm currently investigating the Database Custom Field add-on. Does anybody have any experience with this add-on?

Desi Suresmi June 15, 2020

hi kitty, are you finally able to solve this problem? i want to implement the same things as yours. 

Suggest an answer