Calculated date/time field

Stas January 13, 2015

Hi! I'm using JIRA 6.3.9

I'm trying to create date field, that will count time in city

For example:

In field "city" i set "Paris"

In field "Date in city" i get "20/oct/14 6:55 PM"

I tryed to set some formulas, but i've got 2 problems:

1) <!-- @@Formula: org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.addHours(new Date(),10) --> does not work (i get "10 hours" instead of date)

2) How can i set cascade for >2 values (if "Paris" then ... if "London" then...)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

1) this is normal, as JIRA displays dates in a user-friendly manner when they are close to now. So "ten hours from now" will be displayed as "in 10 hours".

2) you can use a cascade of i/else:

String city = issue.get("customfield_12345");
if ("Paris".equalsIgnoreCase(city))
	return org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.addHours(new Date(),10);
if ("London".equalsIgnoreCase(city))
	return org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.addHours(new Date(),9);
[...]

Note that if field 12345 is of type Select list (a combobox), then the first line should read:

String city = issue.get("customfield_12345").getValue();

And you might want to protect against null value for city 

Stas January 14, 2015

1) I understand 2) not working. Maybe i did something wrong? (field is not picker, just text field) <!-- @@Formula: String city = issue.get("customfield_10400") if ("Paris".equalsIgnoreCase(city)) return org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.addHours(new Date(),10); if ("London".equalsIgnoreCase(city)) return org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.addHours(new Date(),9); -->

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Sorry, I forgot a semicolon at the end of the first line. In general, if it doesn't work, it might be a syntax error and you will see it in atlassian-jira.log

Stas January 14, 2015

Wow! now it works great!!! Thanks! You are my hero now!

Suggest an answer