Calculated date fields: difference in dates (in date/time format)

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

Hello,

I'm using the "JIRA Misc Custom Fields" plugin for a few custom fields.

I'm looking to create a custom field that gives me the time needed to resolve an issue. Following my logic, and using the description on the help pages for the plugin, it would be something like:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("resolutiondate")==null ? null : (issue.get("resolutiondate").getTime() - issue.get("created").getTime()) / 1000 / 3600 / 24 -->

However, this return the result as an integer in days.

What I would need is a return value as a time.

For instance, if the resolution time took 15 hours and 13 minutes, it should return: 15:13:00

Is there any way I can get this type of result?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

1 answer

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

You can use the formatting feature of Calculated number fields (see the documentation). You can compute a number of seconds as the value of the calculated field, and then format that number using some custom formatting code in @@Format. This requires some programming though.

Suggest an answer