Calculated Text Field Export Format

Corey Maher June 30, 2014

Is it possible to format a calculated text field in a different way when it is exported to excel?

I have a calculated text field that contains some HTML for when it is rendered within JIRA. When I export this field to excel the raw HTML is obviously also exported. Is there a way for me to return a different value when the field is exported without creating another caluclated text field?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Hi,

unfortunately, no, it isn't.

But you can create another calculated text field. They are not stored, so this won't increase your database size.

The calculation formula creates the unique value of the field. There cannot be variants depending on the output. However, what could be done is a formatting function that would be able to alter the calculated value before displaying it, or exporting it. Something similar to what already exists for calculated number fields.

If you are interested, please create an enhancement request on our JIRA: https://innovalog.atlassian.net.

Suggest an answer