Calculated Date/Time Field doesn't show on edit/view screen

Ariel Gavillon March 25, 2018

Hi,

I add a new calculated date field,

I'm trying to calculate differences between to date on minutes.

This is the script I write in the description <!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_15143")==null ? null : (issue.get("customfield_15143").getTime() - issue.get("customfield_15141").getTime()) / 1000 / 60 -->

Added the field to the right screens.

Now I'm not sure if the problem is my script that doesn't show the field on edit/view screen, or I need to make another setting that I don't know.

Appreciate your help, thank you!!

1 answer

0 votes
Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

Hi Ariel,

Are you using any add-ons? JIRA cannot do calculation out of the box. The field will not show up on your screens if it doesn't contain any values.

Regards,

Ariel Gavillon March 27, 2018

Hi @Nguyen Tran

I'm using Jira Misc Custom Fields, and the fields, in this case, Start Time (id: 15141) and Resolution Time (id: 15143) contain values.

Regards,

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2018

On your view issue screen, go to Admins > Where is my field? and check if your calculated field have value. I'm suspecting that your script isn't working that's why there is no value for your calculated field.

Ariel Gavillon March 28, 2018

Just checked that and it looks good.

screenshot.JPG

And regarding the script I'm not sure if I wrote something wrong, I'm new writing scripts.

How can I check if what I wrote is ok?

Suggest an answer