Calculated Date Field - Difference between two Dates

Hi,

i use Misc Custom Fields and i want to calculate the Difference between 2 Dates in days.

Date 1 is Customfield 13478, Date 2 is Customfield 13471.

I create an Customfield this these describtion:

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_13471") != null? issue.get("customfield_13471") : 0)
- (issue.get("customfield_13478") != null? issue.get("customfield_13478") : 0) -->

and Type "Calculated Date/Time Field"

and an other with Type "Calculated Nunber Field"

Both Fields are available on the issuescreen. Tested by "Where is my sreen". But i didnt see one of these calculated with the days (Customfield_13471)-(Customfield_13478).

Desired Result an these Example:

(2014/03/24)-(2014/03/01)=23

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Stephan

4 answers

you may try below one:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_13471")==null ? null : (issue.get("customfield_13471").getTime() - issue.get("customfield_13478").getTime()) / 1000 / 3600 / 24 -->

hello Stephan Rothämel 

i want to ask u about this logic i am not clear with this ,can u explain me <!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_13471") != null? issue.get("customfield_13471") : 0)
- (issue.get("customfield_13478") != null? issue.get("customfield_13478") : 0) --> in which the result of formulla is coming on which custom field means datetime or numberfield .and i am also confused about customfield_13478  this is your custome field name of id how i get this please clear my doubt

Hi Stephan

Are you using jira cloud or jira server . Did you find any solutions for this. I am trying to solve a similar issue.

0 votes

First, you need to create the 2 date fields you want to play with.

To get the custom field ID, go to your custom field administration and place your mouse on the "edit" button (don't click). On the bottom left corner of your screen you will see the field ID.

To create the calculated field, you need to create a new custom field of the type : calculated number field

In the description you add (please replace the ID by yours):

<!-- @@Formula:
if (issue.get("customfield_13471")==null || issue.get("customfield_13478") == null)
return null;
return (issue.get("customfield_13471").getTime() - issue.get("customfield_13478").getTime())/ 1000 / 3600 / 24; -->

If one of the date fields you used is null, the calculated field will return null so it won't appear on your screen.

Hope it helps

Best

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot