Calculated Date Field - Difference between two Dates

Stephan Rothämel March 25, 2014

Hi,

i use Misc Custom Fields and i want to calculate the Difference between 2 Dates in days.

Date 1 is Customfield 13478, Date 2 is Customfield 13471.

I create an Customfield this these describtion:

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_13471") != null? issue.get("customfield_13471") : 0)
- (issue.get("customfield_13478") != null? issue.get("customfield_13478") : 0) -->

and Type "Calculated Date/Time Field"

and an other with Type "Calculated Nunber Field"

Both Fields are available on the issuescreen. Tested by "Where is my sreen". But i didnt see one of these calculated with the days (Customfield_13471)-(Customfield_13478).

Desired Result an these Example:

(2014/03/24)-(2014/03/01)=23

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Stephan

6 answers

1 vote
Constance Hua January 2, 2018

First, you need to create the 2 date fields you want to play with.

To get the custom field ID, go to your custom field administration and place your mouse on the "edit" button (don't click). On the bottom left corner of your screen you will see the field ID.

To create the calculated field, you need to create a new custom field of the type : calculated number field

In the description you add (please replace the ID by yours):

<!-- @@Formula:
if (issue.get("customfield_13471")==null || issue.get("customfield_13478") == null)
return null;
return (issue.get("customfield_13471").getTime() - issue.get("customfield_13478").getTime())/ 1000 / 3600 / 24; -->

If one of the date fields you used is null, the calculated field will return null so it won't appear on your screen.

Hope it helps

Best

randika_munasinghe March 27, 2018

i checked this , im recieving 0 when both fields are empty , so that means this is working , but when it do have date values it do not comes with a value . 

I'm using date fields for calculation , not date/time fields

0 votes
Prashant Samal October 22, 2018

Hi There , Any updates on this?

@Constance Hua @Development

0 votes
Prashant Samal October 22, 2018

Hi @Constance Hua, I tried everything but this is what the error i'm receiving, can you please help what is pending with this?

Also, looks like when i'm using the formula the getTime() part is getting marked in red is that something is missing?

Capture.PNG

image.png

Constance Hua October 24, 2018

hi @Prashant Samal,

those fields are not existing as fields. They are just some kind of metadata it seems.

You need to create manually those fields or find their id

0 votes
Karthik Mohan November 29, 2017

Hi Stephan

Are you using jira cloud or jira server . Did you find any solutions for this. I am trying to solve a similar issue.

0 votes
Development May 16, 2016

hello Stephan Rothämel 

i want to ask u about this logic i am not clear with this ,can u explain me <!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_13471") != null? issue.get("customfield_13471") : 0)
- (issue.get("customfield_13478") != null? issue.get("customfield_13478") : 0) --> in which the result of formulla is coming on which custom field means datetime or numberfield .and i am also confused about customfield_13478  this is your custome field name of id how i get this please clear my doubt

0 votes
Sonya S_ January 6, 2015

you may try below one:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_13471")==null ? null : (issue.get("customfield_13471").getTime() - issue.get("customfield_13478").getTime()) / 1000 / 3600 / 24 -->

John Nguyen July 9, 2019

Sonya

Questions for you....

Where should I insert that code?  Would you give please help give more details?  The code is some kink of Jira scripting language?

Thanks

J.N

Like Aleck de Oliveira likes this

Suggest an answer