CSV importer issue with ; in filename for CSV file attachment

Steve Thompson March 28, 2014

I've put the filename in quotes, but it seems the OAD CSV importer still doesn't properly parse it. All other attachments are working as expected. Is this just broken or is there a way to escape it that is undocumented?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2014

Hi Steve

This issue may be caused because the attachment file being imported has special characters (e.g. space) in the file name, which are not supported in the file URI scheme used during the CSV attachment import.

Hope it helps,
Ricardo Carracedo.
Steve Thompson March 28, 2014

This is specifically an issue with the ; (semicolon character). I'm already properly escaping spaces. Unfortunately this example is not the situation to which I refer.

Phillip Ponzer July 31, 2018

I just had this same problem. Ricardo was right, URL Encode the filename such that ";" becomes "%3B" and this should start working.

Steve Thompson August 3, 2018

This is the better solution. Apparently past Steve didn't quite grok solution #2 in the link Ricardo originally provided.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2018

Thanks for circling back to let the Community know! I upvoted Ricardo's solution to help it rise to the top of the thread. :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Thompson May 7, 2014

I ended up having to replace ; in filenames with _ to work around. This is not really an actual fix...

0 votes
Steve Thompson May 12, 2014

Just attempting to get this question closed at this point...

Suggest an answer