CSV import: users are double

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

I am importing issues from JIRA 3 to JIRA 6. Works like a charm. I have optimized the setup for it, except for 1 thing:

- E-mail Suffix for new users has not been filled in - our users have different e-mailaddresses.
- In the Fields-screen, I did map the assisgnees and reporters.

When the import is done, I have double users. e.g. "v.valkestijn@mycompany.nl" (which I have set up earlier through LDAP) and "v.valkestijn@" (are now Internal JIRA users). The system doesn't recognize that these are the same users.

How do I solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Found it! Map the Reporter and the Assignee. Overlooked / didn't understand that in the first place. When you still choose to fill in nothing, it becomes a "user@" or else it's assigned/reported to the user you define. Awesome!

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

Hi Vera,

CSV Importer is matching users via username or Full name or e-mail address. So to make the importer find the appropriate user you need to provide one of this free values. So for example, if you have a user:

Username: Bob
Fullname: The awesome Builder
email: bobthebuilder@example.com

You can prepare CSV file which would look like this:

Summary,Assignee
Bug1   ,Bob
Bug2   ,The awesome Builder
Bug3   ,bobthebuilder@example.com

This would create three bugs and in each one of them will have Bob as assignee. If you would put only "bobthebuilder" in Assignee column, it would result in creating new user, as importer cannot match it with any of the user fields (we are not cutting the email suffix while matching).

I hope this helps,

Cheers

Przemek

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2014

I'll try that too later, thanks!

Suggest an answer