CSV import on JIRA

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

Hi All

One of our users want to raise issues in bulk (from a csv file). I understand JIRA does allow you to import issues from CSV however users needs to have administrators permissions for that.

Is there a way we can roll out this feature to general users?

Do we have an alternative to my root problem i.e. bulk create issues.

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

Just realised this has already been answered before. This is possible using JIRA command line interface. Here's the link

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28223/jira-issue-excel-import-external-user

Rahul

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2013

Hi Rahul,

You cannot give this right to general users.

There might be some possibilities by using the rest api but that will require some coding.

If you want my opinion : don't give everybody the right to bulk create issues, it will probably create to much garbage issues.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer