CSV import not accepting date

RJ January 5, 2015

When trying to import issues with CSV I'm am receiving the error:

Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ You did not enter a valid date. Please enter the date in the format "d/MMM/yy", eg. "5/Jan/15" ]

I created the CSV file manually in a text editor to test this feature so I'm certain the date format is correct and matches the format specified in the second page of the importer. I've also reviewed Atlassian's documentation, various posts on this forum and compared the import format to that in "Look and Feel" and found them to be the same.

Any help or suggestions not covered elsewhere would be appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2015

Hi there, 

I've tried with the following configuration and the date problem seems to be gone.

Summary,Description,Component,Assignee,Due,Client
Task A,Task A,Component,uesr.name,03/Jan/15 1:31 PM,Name

The date format used is the CSV importer default ('dd/MMM/yy h:mm a').

Wanna give that a try and let us know if it worked? smile

Cheers!

RJ January 5, 2015

Unfortunately not; the error seems to always specify the format "d/MMM/yy" regardless of the format specified in the importer (or given in the data) It's on hosted version 6.4-OD-12-026 if that helps

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2015

Are you trying to use the Cog Icon>> System >> External System Import >> CSV? If not, could you try using this one? :)

RJ January 5, 2015

Works perfectly from there, just not from Issues dropdown > Import Issues from CSV. Thanks!

0 votes
RJ January 5, 2015

Data example: Summary,Description,Component,Assignee,Due,Client Task A,Task A,Component Name,user.name,5/Jan/15,Client Name Thanks!

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2015

Hi there, could you please post here the header and a row of example of this file? :)

Suggest an answer