CSV import attachment syntax (Jira 5.24)

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

Hi, I have a line in an import file that has the attachment field like so:

<colgroup><col width="64"></colgroup>

23/Jan/2013 05:24 PM;bryank;text/plain;file://FOO-35941/FOO.20130120192339.txt

The update complete, with the correct author and timestamp -- but the name of the file is 'text-plain' -- and not 'FOO.20130120192339.txt'

I tried renaming the file, moving the file directly to the import directory, etc... but the same issue persists.

Is this a syntax issue, or something else? Any tips much appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

It should be (remove text/plain; as we don't support setting MIME content type using CSV):

<colgroup><col width="64"></colgroup>

23/Jan/2013 05:24 PM;bryank;file://FOO-35941/FOO.20130120192339.txt

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2013

weird -- I did that, but then I get an error saying that the user "23/Jan/2013 05:24 PM not found. attaching to issue with currently logged in user instead"

The import then completes, and the name of the imported file is my username.

Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

I bet the date format you specified during the wizard doesn't match the date format used here.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

okay -- last question -- is there a way to add a timestamp/author via http method?

Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

What do you mean via http method? You can put "23/Jan/2013 05:24 PM;bryank;http://some.url/to.attachment" and it will also work.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

Oops -- must have been a an error in my document. Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Steve Thompson March 26, 2014

FYI I'm using OAD.

0 votes

Okay, Apparently there's a fourth parameter I needed. Date;Author;filename;URL to file.

0 votes

I seem to be having a similar issue, however I appear to be using the correct format (At least it's working for comments.) Any thoughts on why the same format as comments doesn't work for attachments?

Suggest an answer