CSV Upload - without administrative authority

Hannah Salter November 20, 2017

Hi All, 

We restrict our admin access to JIRA, but the entire team at my office (circa 100) require the ability to upload CSV issues to help with saving time. This would include uploading issues across multiple projects, which from what i can gather requires the Wizard, which needs admin privileges. 

Is there anyway around this, or a specific permission i can provide everyone, without giving them access to break JIRA!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but please keep it in laymen terms, i'm not very tech savvy with all this :)

Thank you, 

Hannah 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

No, only admins can use the importers. 

There is a lower level project import though, usable by project admins (For Server users only, it doesn't work on Cloud)

A question though - why the need for lots of imports?

Hannah Salter November 20, 2017

We have 5 departments (SEO, D&D, PPC, Content, PR) - all of which have their own tasks to do within a client project. At the moment they manually upload tasks one by one for each project and i was hoping to free up their time by introducing mass CSV imports of tasks. 

Each month we sit down in project groups and list out in a pre-defined finance spreadsheet, all the tasks and hours for each project. To be able to upload that would save copious amounts of admin. But i guess this just isn't possible

Actually i've just been informed we are on software and not cloud. So is there a way around it?!

Thanks
hannah 

Suggest an answer