CSV Importer throwing 404 just after uploading file

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2013

Jira 6.0.7

Trying to import data with the CSV Importer and after I select the file it uploads and then it shows the progress of uploading it, seems to succeed uploading, and then fails with

Cannot attach file Jira.txt: Unknown server error (404).
The file is large, approx 90Mb, and I have the attachment file size set above that size so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus when it wasn't high enough I got a different error.
I checked the server log and nothing shows up.
I also tried copying the file up to the server and then open the file but still get the same error.
Thanks,
Jon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

Hi

It looks like JIRA is silently running out of memory while trying to parse this file. I've got two ideas which might help in your case.

1. Try to restart JIRA with higher Heap size

2. Split the file to smaller batches and try to import them independently

Please let me know if any of these tips have helped you. I will make sure that JIRA will show appropiate message when such situation occurs.

Cheers, Przemek

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2013

Thanks. We did get it working with smaller file sets. Be nice if it actually gave an out-of-memory error in the logs. Spent a long time just looking at the data as we thought maybe something was wrong with that.

Suggest an answer