CSV Import Issue "Issue can't .. You must specify a summary of the issue. ]"

Azo Health May 17, 2016

I'm trying to clone issue via CSV export and import, but I'm getting following error:
Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ You must specify a summary of the issue. ]  To cross verify I checked with search filter with jquery summary is EMPTY and "No issues were found to match your search" as expected. 

Any suggestion what could be trick here.
EDIT: PFA for applied Search filter

no_empty_summary.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2016

Your CSV is missing at least one summary.  Have a look in the "summary" column - you will find that there is at least one line with no entry

Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

Yes. And as JIRA is concerned, Summary field is mandatory. Hence an empty summary field will cause issues.

Azo Health May 17, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], @Arun Thundyill Saseendran I have updated Question, please check filter query screenshot. I also checked manual in exported Excel Sheet as well, but found nothing blank there in Summary column. Any Suggestion !!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2016

I'm sorry, the filter is irrelevant - you can't have an empty summary, so all it tells us is that you haven't broken it by database hacking.

The problem remains that it thinks there is at least one line in your CSV that does not have anything for the summary.

Azo Health May 17, 2016

Superman of the Day Mr. @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] laugh laugh ...problem with imported Excel from JIRA and open it on Linux-Open Office..it added multiple empty row there, opened same file with G-drive (display no extra) and download in Excel format and regenerate csv file after deleting Header and Footer...and woota...This work perfectly in first instance. #Thanks. 

0 votes
Boris Arsov February 3, 2021

Just go at the end of your list where you have summary, at the last row from your list.

Now select at least 200 empty rows after your last row from the list and delete them. 

Save your excel .csv file. 

Problem solved.

Suggest an answer