CSV Import Attachments Overwrite

Adam White October 22, 2013

Is there a way to have duplicate attachments be copied when doing a CSV import?

In our CSV file there are some attachments that have the same name for the same issue, so JIRA skips the newer one. Is there a setting or something to input so that JIRA downloads both? Or will it have to be something in the SQL query itself where we automatically change the filename?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

Support for attachments in CSV importers has not been designed to cope with multiple versions of the same file attached to the single issue. So you are here on your own unfortunately.

0 votes
Adam White October 23, 2013

Thanks!

0 votes

Question #2: Do I need to adjust the websudo admin timeout for very long CSV imports? Or will the importer continue after my admin session ends/I shut my computer down?

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

There was a problem with very long imports and websudo timeout, but we believe it has been fixed (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-486 and https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-1006). The only problem you could face is a timeout on the upload of the file itself (assuming it's a gigabyte or so and you are on a slower connection between your web browser and JIRA server).

0 votes

Thanks. I assume it will be fine to import the same file name for a different issue?

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2013

Yes. It should work without any problems.

Suggest an answer