CSV File not exporting empty checkbox custom fields

Sysaccount November 1, 2017

I am using Jira cloud. I recently created a jira filter and added a checkbox custom field as columns and exported the csv file. So when i exported i couldn't find the checkbox custom field getting added as column in the csv. 

But when i add a field value to any one of the issues in the filter. That field would be shown in the csv file.

P.S.: A empty text or number custom field is getting exported in csv file but not a checkbox custom field. 

For example:

We weekly create a report using the filter

Say for Week 1: We have 10 issues (in the filter) and one of the issues has a field value mapped to the checkbox custom field. We export the report and find that the field shown in the csv report.

For week 2 : The filter has 8 issues and none of the issues has a field value mapped to the checkbox custom field. We export the report and find that the field not shown in the csv report.

Can the experts help me on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

Hi

I am also on the cloud version and experience the same behaviour. Depending on what you're doing with the exported data, not having the column there is a sign that none of the rows have that field set.

Sysaccount November 1, 2017

Hello Warren,

Thanks for the quick response. But the same is not the case for the text field(Single line) custom field. These fields are getting exported as columns in the csv even if they are empty.

Suggest an answer