CSV Export not working for Table Grids

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

We used to be able to easily export our filter results in JIRA that have a table grid in the filter to Excel, in server v7.1.6 . Now that we have upgraded to Server v7.4.5 and the Excel (Current Fields) has been replaced with CSV(Current Fields), those same filters do not export correctly (See Attached for screen shots).

I have tried importing to excel with CSV as well as HTML (per JIRASERVER-62517) and nothing seems to work.  As we have a lot of screens that have table grids, this is a concern of ours. Even if the importing worked, it is still more steps than before for our users:(

Before: table editor export-1.jpgtable editor export-2.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Jana,

I'd suggest either opening a ticket to TGE Official Support team:

https://support.idalko.com/servicedesk/customer/user/login

or send an email to:

support.tge@idalko.com

Once your issue gets fixed, it would be great if you could update this question with the answer, in order to hep other users experiencing a similar issue.

Best regards,

Ignacio

0 votes
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

IDALKO responded to a support ticket I opened on this (SOLV-2151). Excel Export is only working for Cloud in 7.4.5.  No ETA on fix. They are currently focusing on Cloud features/issues. They did say that the data is available via the sql db. We will for the time being pull data when needed from the the db, but this is a very painful workaround.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 4, 2017

Jana,

I'm Francis from iDalko.  

There was some miscommunication in the ticket you raised.  

We assumed that you were looking for a new functionality of exporting table grid data as csv.  Something the product currently doesn't support as there are much better database export solutions than we can build.

Reviewing the discussion here - it occurs to me that you are referring to the export functionality from the issue navigator - which is another type of issue

Allow us to revisit the ticket

Francis

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2017

You didn’t understand it. We need the csv and/or xlsx export in JIRA to export filter results that have Table Grid Fields so that users can create pivot tables and graphs from the data. We will use now have to pull the data from the db using SQL queries and then create an extract for them to use. A LOT more work for sure. I hope you all will put some priority behind supporting that functionality.

I have to say, we use table grids a lot and this is very frustrating for us.

Suggest an answer