COPY VALUE FROM FIELD TO FIELD POST FUNCTION

KartikA March 28, 2016

Hi there,

I want to copy a scripted field to a normal field during the post-function of the create step.

But it seems, that the scripted field is always null

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

You can't - the data for a scripted field only exists after the issue has been indexed, when it is too late to write new values to the issue.  So you get a null because there's nothing there yet. 

You need to forget the scripted field, and calculate what would go into it in your post-function to set the actual value.

kartik annavajhula March 28, 2016

Hi Nic/ Gabrielle, 

Thanks for the quick reply. I need to copy the value of the Scripted field on to the Summary.There is some value written in the Summary. So I need to overwrite it with the Scripted field value( Which depends on the data entered in the create screen). As soon as create screen is pressed I need the value in the scripted field to appear on the summary

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

It's the same answer - forget the scripted field, it's not there until too late.  Replicate the logic in your post function.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Instead of copying the scripted, why not just add a post-function called "Update parameters of the Set Field Value to constant or Groovy expression Function for this transition."

"The value of field <custom_field> of the current issue will be set to the result of a Groovy expression (unless the field already has a value)."

This way, the value will not be duplicated.

Suggest an answer