[CONF] Use velocity to find the date 6 months ago?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

I'm modifying a macro that lists all the users on Confluence, but I'd like to be able to evaluate whether the user last logged in 6 months ago. I wanted to know how I could a) get the date 6 months ago 'today' and b) evaluate whether the last login date is farther than 6 months before it.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Here's what you can use:

First you have set a variable for how long ago you want to test for in seconds. For example, 180 days in seconds is 15,552,000 seconds. So:

#set ($t1 = 15552000)

Then you have to get the current UNIX time.

#set ($t2 = $content.currentDate.time)

Then you need the time that you want to check. In this example, I am finding the date the user last logged in (note that these are arbitrary method and class names).

#set ($t3 = $loginManager.getLoginInfo($user).lastSuccessfulLoginDate.time)

Finally, you just need to do some maths.

#set ($t4 = $t2-$t3)

#if ($t4 > $t1)
   <p>They haven't logged in over 6 months!</p>
#else
   <p>Leave them be!</p>
#end

I haven't tested this yet but it should work.

0 votes
Fred Bunting August 10, 2013

I'm guessing you didn't try it. Didn't work for me.

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

It does work but it has to be part of a larger #foreach loop. $loginManager needs to be defined, as does $user. For example, see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/33385/macro-that-produces-a-list-of-users-last-login-date

Suggest an answer