[CONF] Is there a way to find out if the content by label macro will not find any pages before rendering?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

I use the contentbylabel macro in a template to pull in lists of related pages based on labels. However, sometimes there are no related pages and I would like to know if there's some Velocity code I could use where if results = 0 I can put "N/A" or just not make it show at all.

The default Confluence behaviour of printing out "No content found for label(s) YOURLABELSHERE." is unattractive.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2012

One possiblity is to hide the text using CSS.

Something like:

#main-content .tableview {
 visibility:hidden;
}

However, this might have unintended consequences if you have any other content which matches that class.

Cheers,
Mark

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion but the tableview class is present regardless of whether there is content found or not. It really needs to be something I can get Confluence to run on when a condition is true or false.

Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2012

That does seem to be the case, sorry about that.

I found another couple of suggestions which might work for you:

1. Edit the i18n label for the macro
  2. Create a user macro to override the text on a page

Hope that helps more than my first suggestion :)

Mark

Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2012

Great!

There is also an open request to improve the experience in the macro itself, which you can vote on.

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2012

Thanks, Mark. The JS solution works. Would have preferred something in VTL but this is fine.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer