CLI(JIRA) getIssueList does not output Comments

Natalie Wenz May 28, 2015

Hello,

I tried to export all issues with the query below but I did not get any comments of the issues. Can you please help?

atlassian.bat jira --action getIssueList --file "C:\outputCLI.csv" --filter=MyFilter" --outputFormat "1" --dateFormat "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss" --encoding "UTF-8"

Thanks

Natalie

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wolfgang Fellner May 28, 2015

"getIssueList" does not return comments, only fields. Which fields are returned can be controlled by the "outputFormat":

1 - default, 2 or 4 - custom fields, 3 or 4 - security level, 5 - 4 plus time values, 101 - issue keys only, 998 - all except custom, 999 - all

You can get a list of comments by using "getComments". Example:

atlassian.bat jira --action runFromIssueList --filter="MyFilter" --common "--action getComments --issue @issue@"

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2015

getIssueList only supports retrieving the latest comment - see JCLI-480. Wolfgang's answer is correct for retrieving lists of comments.

If you need to combine lists, then you will need to script that. The general case of having many comments for an issue makes it not practical/usable to include in a single csv file.

0 votes
Natalie Wenz May 28, 2015

I found an issue that seems that it is possible to get comments with getIssueList.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/JCLI-611

If I use the solution with runFromIssueList and getComments, how can I import a list with all tickets (from csv getIssueList) and combine them with the list of all comments?

Suggest an answer