CFD using spent hours

davip_cit May 14, 2021

Hi guys.

Please, does have any possibility to generate the CFD on JiraCloud, but using the spent hours?

Thanks in advance,

Davi Petruz

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

Hi @davip_cit 

A stacked-area chart by hours is not a cumulative flow diagram (CFD); it is some other kind of chart which is not supported by out-of-the-box Jira. (The Jira "CFD" isn't a CFD either, but that is a different topic ;^)

Honestly, I am unclear how valuable such a chart would be as Jira relies on people to enter hours in a timely manner...as opposed to just counting issues.  What problem are you trying to solve?  Knowing that may help the community to offer alternative ideas.

If you really need something like what you described, please consider: exporting the data to build a custom report, use the Excel or Google Sheets addons to do so, or purchase a marketplace addon with more configurable reporting.

Best regards,

Bill

davip_cit May 14, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy  , a really appreciate your reply and time!!
Firstly, thx about CFD and Jira CFD :D

On Jira, acctualy we already log every spent hour in our sub-activities under the created Storys.
Talking about the problem, today our client takes a long time to initiate the homologation proccess.... stocking a large ammount of worked hours.
We are trying to show that information graphcally, by status.

By the way, we are working with Excel/Google Spreadsheet, trying to construct with the exported data.
But on Jira, it´ll be more easy.

Many thanks,

Davi

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

Hi Davi,

Given what you describe you may want to investigate marketplace addons for this type of reporting.  The logged time hours are in Jira logs, and they are difficult to access as you request by status and by date/time.  To do this manually in a spreadsheet, you would either need to use webhooks to push data or the REST API to pull it.  I doubt it is available via JQL.

I can see why you want to consider an area under the curve chart for this type of reporting, but stacked area may not show what you asked.  Have you considered instead making a workflow/board status for "waiting for client approval"?  Then the current sum of logged hours to this point, with aging, would show you the inventory of unapproved hours.

Maybe make some hand-drawn prototypes of what you need, and then search on the marketplace to see what will get you close to that.

Good luck!

__Bill

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2021

Hi @davip_cit 

I do not think so, but look at this post, maybe can help you

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-cumulative-flow-diagram/

Cheers

davip_cit May 14, 2021

Hi @Vero Rivas , i appreciate your reply!

I already read this post.... but in my case, we are looking for CFD made by the amount of hours logged on sprint tickets, not by sprint tickets count.

With gratitude,

Davi

Suggest an answer