CF needed to provide a select list from external SQL database with ~ 50.000 items

Frank Walkowiak December 1, 2013
Our need is to provide our Jira users a CF select box with autocomplete to select an item from an external sql database with ~ 30.000 items. We have already evaluated "Database Custom Field" plugin. This plugin works fine with shorter lists. I know this isn't an Jira issue but probably you could us suggest how we can solve this.

5 answers

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

I haven't used this plugin myself but the nFeed plugin might be the one you'Re looking for:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed

Cheers

0 votes
Frank Walkowiak December 8, 2013

Hi Jason. We faced the same situation as you. Kepler was the next candidate and it worked for us. Kepler is indeed an option for this usecase. On jdbv we like that it's opensource and there is a change to modify and analyse it.

0 votes
Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2013
I was pulling in a table of ~60,000 rows. I tried jdbv, but could never get the Ajax mode to work. I ended up using the Kepler database plugin. The setup was a little tricky, but it wasn't that bad and the plugin worked as expected.
0 votes
Frank Walkowiak December 7, 2013

jdbv looks for us as a good option. Group/second level select is very noteworthy as well.

The Limit of the ajax-autocomplete field should be parameterizable.

0 votes
Frank Walkowiak December 1, 2013

Hi Christian.

nFeed seems for us as a "little" bit too expensive. Currently we will evaluate jdbv : https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/wiki/Home

Thx, Frank

Suggest an answer