CF multi select request

valeria cruz November 8, 2016

Hello!

I have a CF multi select in my project and I need to set off the second column as requirement.

How can I do this?

modulo.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

That's a "cascading select", not a "multi select".  I'm not sure what you mean by "set off" when you're talking about doing something to the second column?

valeria cruz November 9, 2016

Hi Nic! I need the value of second column be required too. this value is used to set my SLA time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2016

Ah, thanks, that explains it.

I'm afraid you need code.  If you have the Script Runner add-on, you can put validators into the workflow to force entry (my notes say the single line cfValues['your cascading field']?.values()*.value.size() == 2 will do it, but I did make those notes when working with JIRA 5).  You might also be able to do it with the Behaviours function.

If you don't have Script Runner, you'll need to find or write another add-on to be able to provide a validator

valeria cruz November 9, 2016

noo code nooo!!! if I use Behaviours function, how is this work?

for the code, i need to a line for a option in my list?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2016

Apologies, I missed the response.

I don't use Behaviours enough to answer that directly.  In general, I can tell you that you should create a new Behaviour, which you can tie to a field, and then put conditions on it like "is mandatory when it matches this rule".  You may be able to use the code I gave for doing it in a validator.

Suggest an answer